December 23, 2012

The song of Mary, Mother of Jesus

Magnificat

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord!
My spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
God favored me, His lowly servant,
and from this day
all generations will call me
blessed.

The Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is His Name.

In every generation
God has mercy on those
who awe and honor Him.

With strength of arm that can be seen,
God scatters the pride of the proud.

From high places,
He casts down the mighty
and lifts the lowly
to new heights.

God fills with good things
those who hunger for Him
but sends away those
too filled with themselves
to know they are empty.

God comes to help His people!
He remembers well
the promise of mercy made
to our forefathers and foremothers –

to Abraham and the children
of God
forever.

©2012 Mary Sayler, prayer-a-phrase of Luke 1:46-55



















2 comments:

  1. This song of praise is both mighty and sincere from one so meek and humble. It is to be edified as exemplary and and something to which I strive.
    - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I love the poetry of it too!

    ReplyDelete

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...