October 22, 2013

Jesus thanks God and calls us

And Jesus prayed,
Father, Lord of Heaven and earth,
thank You for showing childlike people
what You have hidden from those who
think themselves wise
for this pleases You.

Father, You have entrusted all things to Me,
and no one knows Me as Your Son
except You, My Father,
and no one really knows You
the Father except Me the Son and those
to whom the Son chooses to reveal You.

May all who tire of heavy burdens,
come to Me, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn
from Me because I Am
gentle and humble in Spirit, and you
will find rest for your souls.
For the yoke I will give you is easy,
and the load I will put on you is
light enough to be borne.


© 2013, Mary Sayler prayer-a-phrases the Daily Bible Reading from Matthew 11:25-30.

..

2 comments:

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...