March 17, 2012

Calling on the Name of the Lord

“Adam and his wife had another son, whom they named him Seth (i.e., given) because, as they said, `God has given us a son to take the place of Abel, whom his brother Cain has killed.’

Then, when Seth had a son, he named him Enosh. And at that time people began to call on the Name of the LORD,” Genesis 4:25-26.

After the Fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden…

After disobedience, blame, and denial ruined a perfect world…

After the first jealous rage led to murder…

After one brother killed another…

After a new start and a new family began in the God-given son of Seth...

People began to call on the Name of the Lord.

Question: Do I sometimes take a while to call on God? Why?

Prayer: Dear LORD God, Who Gives and Restores, help me to call on You before I fall. If I forget, please remind me. Help me to stay attuned to You and readily hear and respond as You call my name.

~~
© 2012, Mary Sayler, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...