January 5, 2013

Praying in Jesus’ Name

And Jesus taught His followers, saying:

I Am the vine,
you the branches.

As you abide in Me
and I reside in you,
your life becomes fruitful.

Without Me, this will not happen!
Instead you will be cast away
like yard clippings
that either wither
or fuel only a fire.

Abide in Me!
Live in Me,
and My words will live
in you.

Then

you will draw on My words
to ask whatever you need,
and it shall happen!

Your fruitful lives
will glorify My Father
Who grafts you into Me
as My disciples.

God the Father loves Me,
and in the same Way of Love,
I love you.

Live in that love,
and whatever you ask
of love
in My Name,
God the Father will give.


Prayer-a-phrase of John 15:5-10, 16, © 2013, Mary Sayler


``











2 comments:

  1. I love this metaphor of the vine. I planted a grape vine in my backyard when my daughter, Martha, graduated from HS in 2008. Since then it has grown over a tall pergola, and beautiful Riesling grapes hang bountifully to feed the birds while I watch and listen to them sing cheerfully each year as they visit my backyard. Your prayer reminds me that this is Christ with me, and for this purpose I wanted the vine in my presence each day, every season, always. It is a beautiful place to go and pray, to meditate, to speak with God, to be thankful and give praise for all that is good, and for all that is not good, that needs my attention, a reason to go forth - like the vines that continue to grow and bear fruit. I love this metaphor of the vine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Shari. Thanks. Oh, that we would all become Kudzu for Christ!

    ReplyDelete

A joyful prayer of Habakkuk

  Habakkuk 3:17-19   Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and no grapes huddle together on the vines…. Even though olive crop...