October 26, 2020

Pray for God to heal

 

The prophet Jeremiah strongly believed the only reliable hope for his country resided in the Lord God. He also had faith in God’s ability to heal him personally.

 

If we, too, have faith in the healing power of God for our country and ourselves, we can offer up our need in prayer and praise to the Lord. We can also agree with Jeremiah and each other as we pray this timeless prayer:

 

Jeremiah 17:13-14 – a prayer of Jeremiah

from the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible

 

O Lord, the hope of Israel,

all that forsake thee shall be ashamed,

and they that depart from me

shall be written in the earth,

because they have forsaken the Lord,

the fountain of living waters.

 

 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed;

save me, and I shall be saved:

for thou art my praise.

 

From the Book of KJV Prayers - actual prayers from the King James Version of the Bible (KJV) collected by Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2019 

 

 

Jeremiah 17:13-14 – a prayer of Jeremiah

 

Lord God and hope of Your people,

whoever abandons You will be put to shame!

 

All who turn away from You will find their whole lives

written only in dust,

for they have abandoned You and Your fountain

of living water.

 

Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed.

 

Save me, and I will be saved,

for You alone are my praise.

 

 

From the Book of Bible Prayers – actual prayers of the Bible collected from a variety of translations and paraphrased into everyday English by Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...