January 30, 2023

A joyful prayer of Habakkuk

 

Habakkuk 3:17-19

 

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and no grapes huddle together on the vines….

Even though olive crops dry up,
and fields lie fruitless and empty….

Even though flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns stand empty,

yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation
For You, Sovereign Lord, are my strength!

You make me as surefooted as a deer,
able to leap across high places.

 

From the Book of Bible Prayers – actual prayers of the Bible collected from a variety of translations researched on Bible Gateway then paraphrased into everyday English by Mary Sayler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...