January 17, 2013

God sees needs before we seek

When the poor and needy seek water,
and no water can be found,

and thirst clings like silence to the tongue,
I the LORD will response.

I the God of Israel will not forsake My people.

I will cause rivers to run on barren heights
and fountains to flow from low plains.

I will hand water to the wilderness
and springs of water to dry land.

I will bring forth cedar, acacia, myrtle,
and olive trees, and in the desert,

I will set cypress, plane trees, and pines,
so all may see and know,
consider and find
the hand of the LORD.

The Holy One of Israel

(the Creator God)
will still create.

© 2013, Mary Harwell Sayler, prayer-a-phrase poem from Isaiah 41:17-20

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mary,
    I am gratefully reminded of God's great work as Creator of this world, of everything we see and cannot see, of what we know and cannot know. And I am keenly aware of God's great power as Re-Creator of this world, in whatever capacity that may be, although we may not see or understand His ways, because we simply cannot know His plans nor understand our roles in them. What we can do is pray for His mercy and strength, and courage to go on, whatever the path may bring. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...