January 19, 2013

Bible prayer for the church forever

The Apostle Paul gave us this ongoing prayer in his letter to the Christians at Ephesus:

As I kneel before the Father
from Whom every family
in heaven and on earth
is named,

I pray
for the riches of God’s glory
to empower you with strength
in the Holy Spirit,

deep within your inner being
where Christ lives
in your hearts of faith
bound to His boundless love,

and I pray
for you – and all of the Family of God –
to comprehend how wide, how long,
how high and deep
is the love of Christ

and how incomprehensible
is the full measure of
God’s endless love
endlessly filling you.

Now to Him, Who is able
to do immeasurably more
than we imagine or ask
as His power works within us –

to Him be Glory
in the church Body of Christ
and the Family of God

for every generation,
forever and ever. Amen.


© 2013, Mary Harwell Sayler, prayer-a-phrase poem from Ephesians 3:14-20

~~










2 comments:

  1. Dear Mary,
    I feel the power of this prayer, and I am genuinely moved to believe in the strength of the love with which it is conveyed, as it renews my faith in the Lord and in Jesus Christ who I revere so dearly in my life. Thank you for sharing. - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement, Shari. May God continue to bless you and Christians of all denominations who unite with Paul in praying for the whole church.

    ReplyDelete

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...