December 6, 2016

Praying with Psalm 5

Hear my words, O Lord!
Listen to me sigh.
Attend to the sound of my cries,
my King and my God,
for to You do I pray.

In the morning, You hear my voice.
In the morning, I lay my pleas before You
and expectantly await Your answer.

O God, You do not delight in wickedness.
Nothing evil can live in You.

Arrogant people won’t be close to You.
You hate all wrongdoing.
Your truth destroys all lies.
You despise violence and deceit.

But because of Your overflowing love
and kindness, I can enter Your house
to worship You in the sanctuary.

Oh, Lord, I need You to lead me
or my foes and failures will overtake me!
Make Your way clear and obvious.

Let all foul talk, lying mouths, and
flattering tongues be silenced
and driven away
for such sins show
rebellion against You.

But let all who take refuge in You
be glad. Let them celebrate
and sing Your praises.

Spread Your protection
over all who love Your name.
For You bless the righteous, O Lord.
You shield them with Your favor.


prayer-a-phrased by Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2016, with scriptures from many translations on Bible Gateway


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful praise, Mary, especially for the holiday season! I would like to share this in the jail, please! Shari

    ReplyDelete

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...