September 25, 2020

Sacrificing fear and anger for prayer


Flames and people raging. Wild fires. Wild accusations. Everywhere anger. Everywhere fear! What in the blazes is going on! 


This Bible prayer from Psalms reminds us: 
Throw prayer onto the flames!

May every fear, every worry, every flare-up become fuel for prayer. May everything that incenses us become incense to the Lord.

 

Psalm 141:1-3 – a prayer of David
from the King James Version

Lord, I cry unto thee:

make haste unto me;

give ear unto my voice,

when I cry unto thee.

 

Let my prayer

be set forth before thee

as incense;

and the lifting up of my hands

as the evening sacrifice.

 

Set a watch, O Lord,

before my mouth;

keep the door of my lips.

 

From the Book of KJV Prayers - actual prayers from the King James Version of the Bible (KJV) collected by Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2019 

Psalm 141:1-3 – a prayer of David
paraphrased into everyday English

 

I’m calling to You, Lord.

Please hurry and help!

 

Let my prayers come before You

like incense.

 

Let the lifting of my hands

be like an evening sacrifice.

 

Let my words be under

Your control.

 

Be the doorkeeper of my lips.

 

From the Book of Bible Prayers – actual prayers of the Bible collected from a variety of translations and paraphrased into everyday English by Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2019

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...