September 12, 2020

Praying for God to protect

King David, a strong man of God, found strength in praying for God’s protection. Many of his Bible prayers in the book of Psalms provide a pattern of praying for God to protect us in frightening times that threaten our safety.

Psalm 140:1, 7 – a prayer of David
from the King James Version

Deliver me, O Lord,
from the evil man:
preserve me
from the violent man;

O God the Lord,
the strength of my salvation,
thou hast covered my head
in the day of battle.

From the Book of KJV Prayers - actual prayers from the King James Version of the Bible (KJV) collected by Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2019 

 

Psalm 140:1, 7 – a prayer of David
in everyday English

Deliver me from evil, Lord!
Protect me from violence.

O Lord, my God,
my mighty Savior,
You have covered
my head for the battle.

From the Book of Bible Prayers – actual prayers of the Bible collected from a variety of translations and paraphrased into everyday English by Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2019

 

 ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...