May 15, 2021

Call to Prayer


The book of Psalms provides beautiful, blessed Bible prayers to pray, but some psalms, such as Psalm 122, pray for us to pray!


No matter how you translate it, these verses from the Bible Gateway website send an urgent call to God’s people now.

 

Psalm 122:6-9

Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

“Pray for the well-being of Jerusalem:
‘May those who love you be secure;
may there be peace within your walls,
security within your fortresses.’
Because of my brothers and friends,
I will say, ‘May peace be in you.’
Because of the house of the Lord our God,
I will pursue your prosperity.”

 

Psalm 122:6-9

Common English Bible (CEB)

Pray that Jerusalem has peace:
    ‘Let those who love you have rest.
     let there be rest on your fortifications.’
For the sake of my family and friends,
    I say, 'Peace be with you, Jerusalem.’
For the sake of the Lord our God’s house
    I will pray for your good.”

 

Psalm 122:6-9

New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

“For the peace of Jerusalem pray:
    ‘May those who love you prosper!
May peace be within your ramparts,
    prosperity within your towers.’
For the sake of my brothers and friends I say,
    ‘Peace be with you,’
For the sake of the house of the Lord, our God,
    I pray for your good.”

 

 

©2021, Mary Harwell Sayler

 

 


3 comments:

  1. This particular prayer of Psalm is needed in my country Nigeria. We need Peace.

    Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular prayer of Psalm is needed in my country Nigeria. We need peace.

    Thank you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you and your country! May the peace of the Lord be with you.

      Delete

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...