February 23, 2013

Jesus prayed for Himself too

Here on earth, Jesus
prayed to God for help.

The Only Son prayed
with a shout and tears
to the Only One
Who could save Him
from fears of death,
and God heard
this prayer of trust.

Even Jesus,
the Son of God
knew
obedience
through misery.

And because He obeyed –

completely,
perfectly –

Jesus became
our High Priest
like Melchizedek,
and in this way
Christ gave
eternal salvation
to all who obey.

© 2013, Mary Harwell Sayler, prayer-a-phrase poem, Hebrews 5:7-10
















3 comments:

  1. Dear Mary, I, too, pray when in fear of the unknown, when in doubt, when my faith begins to wander, and I pray to obey that I may be saved from myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I need prayer, the Psalms especially seem to help by praying for me. And, I pray right now that God gives you the very words and prayers to pray for yourself and others in Jesus' Name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I don't feel bad that I pray for myself.

    BTW: great blog! Mine is on www.Holy-Bible-Study.BlogSpot.com.

    ReplyDelete

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...