September 8, 2014

Prayer in time of trouble

O Lord, turn Your ear toward me
and hear me please
for I feel poor and pitiful
with none to trust
but You.

Keep my soul safe, O God,
for I am faithful.

Save me to serve You.

Answer my all-day call
with Your grace and mercy.

To You I lift my mind,
my will, my spirit,
and You raise my soul on high!

For You are kind
and eager to forgive
all who call on You.

O Lord, I give You
the voice of my plea
for You will hear
and answer.



©2014, Mary Harwell Sayler studied several translations of Psalm 86:1-7 on Bible Gateway before writing the above prayer-a-phrased poem.











5 comments:

  1. That is a three amen poem. Beautifully done, Mary. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nells, for reading, responding, and being such an encouragement! God bless you big time!

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem and prayer. Thank you, Mary Harwell Sayler, for the beautiful words of joy and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you for taking time to read and respond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google+ just sent me word that another reader shared this post, which got my attention to read it again myself! Who knew it was meant for me?

    ReplyDelete

In the Amen of Jesus

  2 Corinthians 1:20 – “In Christ, every promise of God finds its ‘Yes!’ And also through Him is our ‘Amen!’ for the glory of God through us...